Sunday 29 March 2020

Online schooling and ninth graders

As a part of our online Technology lesson in grade 9, I've included a survey on Online schooling. I designed a survey with three simple questions which were originally meant as a way to personalize learning and teach new vocabulary in context, but the results I got are interesting in terms of feedback as well.

I asked the following questions:

  • What electronic devices do you usually use to access our digital classrooms?
  • How do you usually communicate with your schoolmates?
  • Do you prefer traditional or online schooling so far?

40 out of 46 students completed the survey in 10 days. While I don't know which students failed to complete the survey as it was anonymous, and why, here are the answers I got. 




Of course the data I gathered is hardly statistically relevant, but I think it's interesting nevertheless. I'll leave the interpretation to you. My only comment at this point is - while this online schooling experience is a new challenge and it has taught me a lot, I agree with my ninth graders. So far, I prefer traditional schooling as well. 



1 comment:

  1. Managed IT Services provider based in California. We offer dependable & transparent services that focus on maintenance & innovation

    ReplyDelete